According to necessaryhome, Mount Cory is a small city located in northwest Ohio. It is situated on the banks of the Blanchard River, and is surrounded by rolling hills and wooded areas. The climate of Mount Cory is typical for the region, with mild summers and cold winters. The average temperature in January is 33 degrees Fahrenheit, while July averages 75 degrees.
The history of Mount Cory dates back to 1832 when it was first settled by a group of pioneers from Pennsylvania. Since then, the city has grown steadily and today has a population of over 4,000 people. It is primarily a rural community that focuses on agriculture and small businesses.
Politically, Mount Cory leans towards the Republican party but there are also many Democrats who call it home as well. In recent years there have been several initiatives to attract new businesses to the city in order to increase economic growth and development.
The school system in Mount Cory consists of two public elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. All schools have excellent ratings from both parents and students alike due to their commitment to providing quality education opportunities for all students regardless of background or financial situation.
There are several landmarks within Mount Cory that are worth noting such as the historic Blanchard River Lighthouse which was built in 1874, as well as The Old Mill which was constructed in 1803 by early settlers from Pennsylvania. Other notable spots include the old train station which has since been converted into a museum highlighting local history as well as several parks including Veterans Memorial Park which honors all veterans for their service to their country.
Population: 203. Estimated population in July 2020: 201 (-1.0% change)
Males: 103 (50.7%), Females: 100 (49.3%)
Zip code: 45868
Median resident age: 38.6 years
Median household income: $40,833
Median house value: $68,700
Races in Mount Cory:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.0%)
- Two or more races (2.5%)
- Hispanic (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (36.9%), Irish (10.3%), Dutch (9.4%), Swiss (5.4%), English (4.9%), Italian (3.9%).
Elevation: 820 feet
Land area: 0.4 square miles
Mount Cory, Ohio is a small rural town located in Hancock County. The population of Mount Cory is estimated to be around 1,500 people. The majority of the population is White (93%), with a small percentage of African American (3%) and Hispanic (2%) residents. There are also a few Native Americans living in the area. The median age for Mount Cory is 42 years old, and the median household income is $41,091.
The town has a strong sense of community and there are many activities that bring the town together such as festivals and parades throughout the year. There are also several churches in the area that provide religious services for those who attend. Education is important to many people in Mount Cory and there is an elementary school located within the city limits as well as two private schools in nearby areas. The town also has a library which provides access to books and other materials for all ages. Many of the residents are involved in farming or ranching which helps to support the local economy. There are also several businesses located within Mount Cory such as restaurants, grocery stores, banks, hardware stores, and more that provide employment opportunities for many of its citizens. Overall Mount Cory is a great place to live with plenty of activities and opportunities available for its residents making it an ideal place to call home!
For population 25 years and over in Mount Cory
- High school or higher: 87.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 5.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 1.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mount Cory village
- Never married: 27.2%
- Now married: 60.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 6.5%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -42 (-17.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Mount Cory:
- BLANCHARD VALLEY REGIONAL HEALTH CTR (about 15 miles; FINDLAY, OH)
- SCCI HOSPITAL LIMA (about 22 miles; LIMA, OH)
- ST RITA’S MEDICAL CENTER (about 22 miles; LIMA, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Mount Cory:
- TOLEDO EXPRESS (about 45 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Abbreviation: TOL)
- SPRINGFIELD-BECKLEY MUNI (about 76 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; Abbreviation: SGH)
- JAMES M COX DAYTON INTL (about 77 miles; DAYTON, OH; Abbreviation: DAY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Mount Cory:
- BLUFFTON (about 5 miles; BLUFFTON, OH; Abbreviation: 5G7)
- OHIO DUSTING CO INC (about 10 miles; PANDORA, OH; Abbreviation: 6C2)
- ADA (about 11 miles; ADA, OH; Abbreviation: 0D7)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mount Cory:
- OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; ADA, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,161)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY (about 15 miles; FINDLAY, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,508)
- BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 34 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Full-time enrollment: 16,537)
- OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-TOLEDO CAMPUS (about 51 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Full-time enrollment: 7,809)
- UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO (about 53 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Full-time enrollment: 15,999)
- WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY (about 70 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,197)
- CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY (about 82 miles; CEDARVILLE, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,782)